A Product Of The iGeneration

This blog is where I make commentary on everything from serious world and American issues to the stupid crap that celebrities do, say, and get away/don't get away with. To read my personal thoughts and about my everyday life, go to www.xanga.com/rhymemaster0515.

Monday, August 07, 2006

I Hate The News

I hate the news. It's too depressing. All they ever give you is bad news. Birdflu this, Hezbollah that. I'm sick of it. The only reason I ever watch national news programs is because my grandparents do and it's their home, I'm not going to make them watch what I want to watch.

But in all honesty, I do desperately hate the news. I hate hearing bad news. I'm a product of the iGeneration. All I've ever heard is bad news, whether it was the Gulf war, the possible impeachment of a president, a terrorist attack on my home turf, or 10,000 wars going on at once in just one region of the world - it's so sad. Wait. I take that back. I'd much rather hear about politicians' troubles than about war and suffering.

At least when I read the news paper, I can skip the bad news sections and go straight to the movie, music, and book reviews and entertainment news. On the news, you can't fast-forward. You can only sit there and watch, or change the channel.

The only news show I truly enjoy is "Today." At least they mix fashion, entertainment, and cooking in with the occasional mention of heads getting blown off in Oogibukkioglistan.

With all do respect to all the great newscasters of the past, the present, and the future - I hate the news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home