A Product Of The iGeneration

This blog is where I make commentary on everything from serious world and American issues to the stupid crap that celebrities do, say, and get away/don't get away with. To read my personal thoughts and about my everyday life, go to www.xanga.com/rhymemaster0515.

Monday, April 17, 2006

The media's infatuation with a celebrity taking a dump

OK, not really. But that's not far from the truth. I'm watching Inside Edition the other day, right? They're talking about Britney Spears buying a high chair. A HIGH CHAIR. Who cares??? Today, I watch it again. Katie Holmes on a shopping venture. I wasn't paying much attention to what exactly she was buying, but I know the prices were more than I could ever afford!

Who cares what they're buying? Big deal. Britney got a new high chair. So what? I'm sure at that moment there were 10,000 other people out there buying their babies high chairs. I'm sure that at the moment Katie was on a shopping trip, there were 10,000 other people out there shopping. Why does the media feel the need to give the public so-called "news" that we care nothing about? I mean, maybe 1 out of every 10,000 people care. And they're just people who have wayyy too much time on their hands. Seriously, I mean, the general public doesn't give a damn if Tom Cruise took a dump in a public restroom on Sunset Blvd. The least that the "news" outlets could do is give us news we really care about and want to hear.

Sure, hearing about a celebrity's blunder is funny, but hearing about them buying celery? Not so cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home