A Product Of The iGeneration

This blog is where I make commentary on everything from serious world and American issues to the stupid crap that celebrities do, say, and get away/don't get away with. To read my personal thoughts and about my everyday life, go to www.xanga.com/rhymemaster0515.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Spanking Is Abuse?

I was just watching Inside Edition, and I don't know if it was a re-run or what, but they were talking about a Pennsylvania man who was almost arrested for child abuse when he paddled his teenage son for drinking. What's up with this?
When I was a little kid, my mom worked, and by the time I got home from school (I used to go to public school) she would have already left for work. My grandparents pretty much raised me. When I did wrong, I got to know it. You know how? A spanking. Since I still live with them, don't think if I did wrong that they'd hesitate to try to spank me again, at 15 years old. They would. I know they would.
I don't see spanking as child abuse. I see it as punishment. If you hit your kid all the time, starve them, tell them they're no good, or make them play "games" they don't wanna play, that's abuse. But a crack on the behind? That's learning right from wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home